word | image | sound
EXPERTISE IN CONTENT CREATION, STRATEGY, TEAM BUILDING/LEADING AND EXECUTION
St Benedict’s Monastery
I captured the empathy and resources of St Benedict’s Monastery. Working closely with the sisters and staff a new website was developed and built, e-commerce introduced to sell workshops and retreats and videos were produced. Prior to completion of the project there was extensive staff training and creation of a large library of custom tutorial videos.
One of several videos
I covered the journey of Logan McMenamie as he walked the length of Vancouver Island in search of reconciliation with First Nations.
The challenge was to work within a tight budget yet produce real-time material to keep the news cycle going while gathering content for a final video.
- shooting at key points along the way
- source third party material, negotiate usage rights
- rush field edits to sustain momentum (six videos)
- develop motion graphics
- produce print and visual social media inventory
- create final documentary
Diocese of Rupertsland
I took on a comprehensive consulting assignment to completely overhaul the existing communications department for the Anglican Diocese of Rupertsland (south-eastern Manitoba & north-western Ontario):
- develop and sell strategy and tactics to internal stakeholders
- create branding
- build and roll out new communication channels including website, social media, print and digital publications
- create sales videos, print and digital sales material
- create digital asset management system plus layout and email templates
- staff training
- liaison with existing national media outlets
- build in-house and virtual team for go-forward
- ongoing project support and consultation
The Salvation Army is taking steps to build new relationships with Canada’s first people. One of those initiatives is a powwow. This is a traditional gathering in some parts of the country where dancing and feasting help forge new understanding. They wanted photographs and videos of the second annual powwow, being hosted at a camp in Alberta.
I was hired to shoot and edit two field videos (news packs) during the event for distribution on the Army’s large national social media networks. And after the event an overview video was edited for internal and external distribution.
Fundraising: produced 10 regional newsletters twice a year to raise $75-million for a national non-profit.
Digital Commons: strategy and execution of a new presence in the digital commons for a national-oriented church congregation. Included website re-creation, re-branding, podcast overhaul, content channel development and differentiation, team creation and training.
Constituency connections: design and create a new outreach channel to varied audiences for a Canadian university. Work included development and launch of a new magazine, web and video content.